RE: Adobe is watching you.....

At the root of all this stuff is the idea of intellectual property rights.

For a very long time the recording industry has been posing as the music industry. When cassette tapes were introduced, the recording industry got a cut from all sales because they said it was costing musicians money. Musicians never saw a cent of it.

Now the record business is huge and it is systematically killing off live music performance that it does not control. The recording industry and the Movie industry (In bed together) are the only corporate entities (Not even American) that have the FBI working for them.

Don’t you think it odd that movies have an FBI warning?

How do I get the FBI to work for me too?

In reality, the only people that benefit from intellectual property rights are the huge corporations that buy out the artists and make a lot of money out of their creative work.

The “SCARE” tactics about how evil it is for people to “COPY” or “STEAL” your precious work are rubbish. We can spend a lot of money protecting our images from the hidden bogey men that want to steal them but in reality the whole scare campaign is for the benefit of a couple of big companies like Corbis (which is wholly owned by Bill Gates himself) who LOVE to completely own art work. Corbis also owns digital reproduction rights for art from the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, Russia, the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the National Gallery in London

( http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/10/business/10corbis.html?fta=y )

Intellectual property laws are how we get conned into digging our own artistic graves. And all the rootkits and other intrusions are to make sure that they’re being enforced.

I say let’s fight for free art.

Herschel