Re: Halo and blooming

Ah yes,

I had forgotten the physics experiment of years ago in which we made a difraction image using a point ( well almost ) source and an intervening object. With sufficient exposure time on photo paper ( I think the time was about 10 minutes ) one obtained a shadow image of the object surrounded by 'halo' rings of diminishing intensity as you have described. So a sufficiently sensitive sensor could image such 'halos' and record them.

Nice that you pointed that out.

Cheers,
James