Re: Halo and blooming

That's what I thought, too, that it's a lens function. It appears in photos made by film cameras.

Yup, I've read reviews of the D300 in dpreview and kenrockwell.com. It's an impressive camera. I wish I have one. But I have more halo in my pocket than money. :)

Elson T. Elizaga
Nazca Graphic Design & Photography
http://nazca.elizaga.net

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Personally, I don't think the camera sensor should be doing the haloing. I'd expect it to be a function of the lens.

have you read another review of the camera? Like on http://www.dpreview.com ?

Or on photo.net?  Or on http://www.steves-digicams.com/ ?

As for blowing out whites (blooming) that can be controlled with exposure or by choosing a different angle or a different time of day, but there are times when you simply can't get good exposure and still not blow out some whites.