Re: airports and cameras

In a message dated 12/18/2007 4:15:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I don't know if I read it on this forum or another, but TSA has a policy (which you can download, from somewhere) that allows photographers to carry their gear on-board, beyond the normal one or two pieces of hand-carried luggage.

For what it's worth, I did a lot of checking stuff out before I went to Montana (from Florida) back in May.  It is only the third time I've ever flown so I was covering all bases.  My equipment (such as it is) is very dear to me and I wanted to have backup cameras in case something happened to my digital Nikon.  I  brought a film camera and my little Sony CD camera also, lugged three around with me, 50 CD's - I wasn't taking any chances on running out if I needed it, also took extra film but knew that even in Montana I could buy film :)  Had three memory cards and two batteries.  Oh, and a monopod.

Well, I had two bags, one I stowed overhead and one a carry on--the checkers tried to tell me I didn't need to have my film hand-checked, but I insisted--I only know what I read and it says certain films should be hand checked--anyhow, all went well but if anyone is traveling, and you value your camera, carry it with you--I used the small piece of luggage, its rectangular shaped, measurements are somewhere on an airlines website, sorry, don't know exactly where but I'm sure a lot of folks on here can help with that if need be.  Good luck to anyone traveling now, and best of shooting! (pictures of course)        :)  Linda

See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)