re: Gallery comments

Marilyn wrote:

Tim Mulholland
MMOCA/Madison Museum of Contemporary Art:  A nice clean, interesting image.  Would it have worked better if the top of the "A" (upper right hand corner) had been centered in the upper right hand angle of the frame?  Just wondering.

Good question/perspective, Marilyn!  There are many different ways that this photo could have been taken, but only a limited supply of film.  ;)  At the time, I felt like having one "edge" of the stairway (that's what the "A" is) parallel to the top of the frame.

At this same time, I went to the top of the stairs and shot out through the "prow."  Maybe I'll submit that this week, for some contrast...

Tim!

Tim Mulholland
Illuminata Photo
Fitchburg, WI
608/628-2925

www.TimMulholland.com

The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view.  Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one.  ~~  Brooks Atkinson, American drama critic, (1894-1984)