Θέμα: Re: More Photoshop Colors Problems

well In another thread AZ worte
Years ago I had this problem and was told that smacking the keyborad and
uttering a loud curse usually worked. Cursing inanimate objects relieves
frustration,  the smack knocked out loose solder that could be causing a
short.

Seems exactly what happened....Everything in my PS is back to normal...
ARGB > LAB Color > sRGB works and I have no issues between color mismatches between screens.
There was one thing taht I have changed though. In Color Settings I have specified color conversion as "Absolute Colorimetric"

And I ahve made an action to converst my images to sRGB with the above mentioned way when printing in a minilab.
Seems the collective mind powers of PF persuaded my PC to Behave LOLOLOL

thanks for the input, Kostas

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx έγραψε:
This is perplexing. Did you try just assigning the sRGB profile to the aSRG file without converting? Is there a color shift on the screen? If not try printing it out and see if there is a shift in the printing.

 I never use save for web as I just resize file and save as jpg and send so know nothing about saving for the web.

 There can be some color shift when pictures are viewed in different sizes due to the file resolution (300dpi) and the screen resolution(72dpi or so) . It usually show up in highly manipulated files but can show up in others pictures too. Essentially when viewing a whole picture of 300 dpi at 25% on a screen the 72dpi screen may show different colors. For example when looking at the whole picture  at 25% on the screen an area will appear orange but when you enlarge the picture to 100% you see that the colors are really red detail and yellow detail. When the 300 dpi file is printed it will show this red and yellow detail. View the areas of your files that change colors at 100%.

If your monitor is correctly calibrated there has to be a corruption in the software or in the LUT (look up table that interpolate the colors)  or in the hardware in the video card.  I can't think of any other cause. Perhaps viewing your picture on another person's monitor will show some light on your problem. But it is perplexing.

Roy