Re: PF update of exhibit on 01-12-07

I was thrilled with an excellent bunch of photos on this week gallery !
on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Jim Snarski - The Sentinel
Usually bird's photos are not my favorites.
This photo here is one of the best I had seen here.
Sharpness is very good and so is the composition.
Marilyn Dalrymple - Still Life
I am sure one have to play a lot before he/she can perform such a picture.
I like this a lot ! What a delicate arrangement of all the items in the frame ! Picture that looks like a painting with excellent composition and wide range of red tones.
This is my pic of the week.

Emily L. Ferguson - Squash
One more Still Life photo, this time with orange colors.
Here the play is with DOF with the focus placed on the right spot.
                    Qkano - Jack
This very good and interesting portrait is possibly taken from Chris's stories. (You didn't give us another explanation ) Black leather jacket, blood on hand and face, there is a story here. This make it a very interesting image.
I'm for sure don't want to meet this guy on a dark street.
Again, good sharpness do the work.
Renate Volz - Mellow Focus
A play with shrpness and DOF again with excellent composition and very good tonality, this time with addition of back lighting and upper left dark
corner.  Well Done !
Dan Mitchell - Reflect
Very interesting reflection.
The waves give it a unique touch but somehow I feel that if you wouldn't include yourself, as the main subject in the middle, it could be better. The background view look like taken from fairytale and your presence lower us to the ground of reality. I would prefer some other figures there to give us a reality proportions with link to the legends.
Elson T. Elizaga - Fight
 I liked the text you attached to the photo.
At first look this image disgusted me as I don't like to see any kind of violence. At second look I like the "lines" created by legs and hands making an interesting "X" composition.
I think the upper girl was in trouble...

                    Christopher Strevens - Annie
Annie ?   I don't think she is the subject here.
This might be a story of a place ( Tea Bar.. ) but we do not have enough information about the lady.
I am not a fan of those PS filters unless they used by very talented artist.
Here I like the edges of the frame but not the effect in the rest of the frame.

I enjoyed ALL of this week images very much.
Thanks to submitters and to the gallery stuff.

Pini