Re: simple question

In a message dated 11/25/2007 5:37:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Formyrotts@xxxxxxx writes:
Hi all, simple question, how long does a copyright last for a photo?
I now own a photo postcard of my Grandfathers store, taken in 1913 and would like to have a camera shop blow it up for me, they said they thought 50 years on photos, but I would like to make sure.  Thanks :)  Linda

Copyright last for the life of the artist plus 75 years for items produced now.  Under the old copyright it was for 28 year and with and extension for another. Anything made before 1923 is not longer under copyright.