Θέμα: Re: Solid state SD cards backuper?

Karl and all, thanks so much for your suggestions
Indeed there is a strong point for a HD backup but still I am not leaning towards them yet.

My main purpose is to make backup copies of my SD cards. At this point I shoot only one 2GB card per concert shoot. This limits the amount of data to be processed and pushes the need to be more selective up. So put the card in, copy it in another, done.

well I am seraching a bit on this. There are soem card readers around that are advertised as writers too, precisely what karl wished for.

CYA & thanks, Kostas

BTW is it the proper tiemto ish you happy thanks givings?

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
I looked for something that might do a data transfer from a card to a USB
device like the cheaply available phone SIM backup devices do, but no luck
(they should be easily designed!) and while I've heard of reader/backup
devices that write CD's, I've never seen or tested one.. I have little
trust for optical drives when magnetic ones are so cheap (!)

My best suggestion isto buy more cards - maybe working out per $ which
capacity is cheapest (2Gb seem to be the best) , assuming you use SD cards,
the higher capacity micro and mini SD cards that sell on ebay tend to be a
lot cheaper than the larger SD cards used in cameras ..

hope this helps

Karl

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!