High Dynamic Range

Well all this talk of range of capture reminded me of a podcast I listen to that is a big fan of HDR.   Frankly it was one of those things I was going to read about one day, and just never have yet.

Anyone have any suggestions on good intros and tutorials on the subject?  Sounds like there may be some real creative possibilities here.