Re: new JPEG XR lose info every time saved?

I don't know about the Jpeg XR, but the current Jpg sure does.  Even at the highest quality and lowest compression, every time you save it throws away information.  Can really make a big difference if you don't do all the work on a file at one time.  You work on it a few minutes and save, then work some more and save again.

An exercise I sometimes people do is to make a copy of an image file. (use only the copy because this copy will be awful when you are through with it)   Just open it, save, close then reopen.  Notice how the quality drops off and before long the file is effectively garbage.  Doesn't take near as many saves as some would think either.

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
Does the new Jpeg XR (Microsoft HD) format loss info every time the file is save like the current jpeg?

Does the current jpg format at 12, minimum compression loose info ?