Re: Nothing to do, but mess with pictures

Hi Peeter,

For years now you've been part of this forum and from time to time I've wondered about how you found the forum but mostly about what assumptions you grew up with over there on the other side of the Curtain.

Your English is really good. What brought you to the opportunity to get it that good? Is your Russian as good? Were you able to study both in school? Do you need them for work?

How many years did you survive behind what we call the Iron Curtain? Were you able to take photographs during those years? Were you able to travel west from Estonia? Was the world really different in Estonia before the end of the Cold War? Or was it just life, the way things were?

Or did you grow up somewhere outside the Curtain and return to your family's homeland once the Curtain came down?

So amazing, to me, to be a 20th Century person spanning those 60 years. I'm curious about how people on that other side experienced it.

Would you tell us about it?
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx