Re: Trasnportation Picture Gallery

Linda Buttstead;  Artistic effect matches and furthers the message. I'm sure the effect is sharper and better in a print at 300 dpi than on a 72 dpi computer screen from a compressed file.

Don Roberts; Yes the picture is all too true.

Emily Ferguson; Nice slant windward bound effect. I would adjust the level command to 36, 1.44, 230 for a much more dramatic photo.

Rene M. Hales This does seem like the type of shot one would pick for an art show.

Herschel Mair: Dramatic color contrast on a neutral tones catch the eye and reveals the message.

Rich Mason; Good depth of view artistically as eye focusing on objects staring on foreground one

Morley Roberts Nice lights and smoke. I would definitely have used a vertical crop for a much better presentation.

Belinda Peters Took me a minute to realize what it was

Roy H. Miller Guy hair is out of focus. Shot with flash fill

Chris Strevens, 1/407 of a second. The one advantage I see over the film I shoot is digital camera capture provides wealth of info.
Summary
I pick Hershel's shot as the best though I would have considered Emily shot if it had more zip (levels adjusted) and Morley's shot if dramatically cropped.