Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Gallery comments

>Qkano
> They have the "dear-caught-in-the-headlights >look,and I realize this was a long exposure and I'm >sure that's why.  Since it is a long exposure, the fact >that there is no blinking or blurring is quite amazing.

Maralyn

This is an explanation not a rebuttal:

The long exposure and fixed stare were done deliberately to try to mimic the facial expressions typical of the day. In all the old shots I've seen people don't look relaxed - they were not used to photos etc. I could have used 1/250th but we (the subjects and I) wanted it to look authentic when turned into B&W.

Did that work? I guess I should have desatted it ...

Rob

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2765220/

Exclusive discounts on Norton Security from Tiscali http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/securepc