Re: PF exhibit on 13 OCT 07

karl shah-jenner wrote:

Most people do not eat the seeds of pumpkins but the oil  inside is now  a
health food supplement.  The inside of the pumpkin is  what is most
desired.as
it is made into the most sumptuous pie. It is also made  into bread and
muffins
and even cookies. Pumpkins have been imported into Europe  but are general
grown in somewhat warmer and drier climates than the  UK. People do used
the
outer shell as lanterns on Halloween Oct 31 but  I have a plastic one with
and
electric light inside.

I do believe Chris might enjoy heading out on a pleasant day to this event
http://www.sohampumpkinfair.co.uk/

"The National Pumpkin Champion is Mr. Primett who won an engraved trophy
and £500 cash with a Pumpkin weighing in at 128.5kgs Well done to him!!"

Oh, a lightweight...... :-)         Look here

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-10-09-pumpkin-contest_N.htm?csp=34

I Barbados several years ago I had pumpkin soup with my dinner......

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )