Re: Yawm-al Quds or Al-Quds Day

I do not care too much for the composition of the image. There are lots of straight lines in it but not arranged in such a way that they would create a visual impact. Especially notable is the absence of strong diagonals.
The picture looks cluttered and neither like a genuine snapshot nor like a well-arranged still-life.
The chain produces a shadow which has a break at an angle that is at odds with the original. This is not pronounced enough to be a clever effect, so it seems to be just the result of shoddy photoshopping.
I'm bothered about the empty space at the top and left-hand side and would recommend cropping.
The tiny bit of grass at the bottom does not really convey a message and would be distracting from the subject if the photograph had one.
From the rest of the message, I can assume I know what the author wants to express in the image but as the picture itself does not really achieve this, I'd consider it a failure.

So, now that you have a comment on the image, could we please return to discussing photography?
I enjoy discussing politics, but there are other spots for this on the web.

Laurenz
http://www.travel-photographer.eu/