Re: OT: In search of a File Synchronization App

Hi Kostas
Go to Microsoft and download the Synctoy which is brilliant - one of the very few very good MS applications!
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx

Completely free. There are several options and I use the "contribute" one. This does NOT delete anything so you can do an incremental backup. You can also use one which always maintains the backup folder as an exact imitation of the working folder. You can synchronise across folders, folders to external drives or network drives - I use it at school to backup students networked work to an external hard drive.

Howard

Kostas Papakotas wrote:
Greetings all (and especially Karl who is the list "expert" on this)
I would appreciate you suggestion for an app to synchronize an external with my main drive where I keep my backups. I have tried the Windows “My Briefcase” feature and I find it difficult to operate. (I do not like the drag and drop method)
My main criteria are:
-Absolutely foolproof operation. The kind of: “Synchronize the files in Drive F according to files in drive C”
- Ability to perform synchronization in individual directress
- Freeware if possible
Thanks for your suggestions, Kostas

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!
Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύ ματα (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέτει την καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr