Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: Storage

Marilyn,

In the past I have had upwards of several hundred framed pieces (limited
editions ready to sell) which I have had to store. If you are not
anticipating shipping them, the technique I used will be more
wallet-friendly than the boxes.

I wrapped them with a spare roll of Kraft paper, the same type I used for
the backing, sealing it with masking tape. If your wire (I'm assuming you're
using picture wire on the back) is attached with screw-eyes (standing out
from the frame) place a piece of corrugated cardboard between them so the
screw-eyes don't punch through. If you're using the flush-mounted "D-rings"
this step isn't necessary. Label each so you know what's what.

I then cleared a bookshelf in the corner of my studio, and raised the
shelves to accommodate the frames. If you do this, and stack them in like
books, face to face, back to back, you should be golden. For an added layer of security, you might want to close them in with a large sheet of cardboard
(available at your local Chinese-wares-hawking mass retailer for free; I
used broken-down cases that Brawny paper towels came in.) Plus, if it's ugly
enough, anyone who breaks in won't try to steal your framed art! ;-)

Hope this helps!

Darin Heinz
Melbourne, Florida USA

See my photographs online at http://www.photo.net/photos/DarinHeinz/