This year's fair

Our local fair just opened and being a member of this area's photography club, I am taking part in the take-in of photographs, hanging, care and tear-down of the photography exhibit. We had over 2000 entries this year. Our club was stretched to the limits, being responsible for this number of photographs, to say the least. I'm wondering if the entries in other local fairs have burgeoned as ours has, or have our entries just lagged in the past. I live in what is considered a small (140,000 +) community.

Will those of you familiar with your community fairs share your experiences?

Marilyn
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." Winston Churchill