Mark Lent

From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
Well today is a day I have been waiting for for  a while, but its finally here.   In a few hours I will be on the MIssissippi Gulf Coast in an area that Katrina hit very hard.  Unlike New Orleans,  the folks in Mississippi don't wind up on CNN a great deal.  They just tried to keep living.  This isn't the first time I was there.  I was there about a year ago, and really its hard to fully understand the scope of just how bad the damage was until you walked it.

I saw the same area after Camile hit in  1969 (and yes I was young but it still makes me old) and I saw how the area rebounded.  The uneasy feeling comes from a concern that much of what I photographed a year ago (and lots of what I didn't) will be exactly like it was the n.&nbs p; This is one time I hope I am wrong.