Re: PF exhibit on 07-21-07

At 8:25 AM -0400 7/21/07, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 21 2007. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

       Howard Leigh - Wasswater Head, Lake District, Cumbria, U.K.

This image is really great. Without the sheep it would not be so great, since something needs to be in the foreground. Maybe the tiniest bit warmer, but not much.

       Rene M Hales - Carnation Stems Montage

These are really neat. I love the water line, the wonderful distortion right at it, and the sense of direction in the stems is very satisfying to me, as well as the tonalities in them. I agree, however, that the water one might be better in the middle.

       Guy Glorieux - A photographer's garden

The zoom effect doesn't do much for me. Sorta compensates for the fact that the garden appears to be all green, but that's about it.

       Dan Mitchell - Red Frog

I think this shot would be made vastly more interesting had the frog been shot from much lower down, like at the deck level. And the flash is just a lot too hot for my taste.

       Valery Firsov - Rhythm

This would be much neater without the other paddle right behind the kayaker. The slow exposure is OK for the effect, but that silver baton is really just confusing.

       Tim Mulholland - Always a bride's maid...

I like the angle, but I really expected a woman. I know, I know - it's not fashionable to stereotype roles anymore, but there's a jarring effect between the title and the image for me.

       Linda Buttstead -

I think the granite boulder could be cooled down a lot and still reveal the ant. It's so hot it steals the attention. And probably most people wouldn't even see the ant but instead just see a blob of bright light.

Thanks to Andy, as always, for keeping us on our toes. I hope other people submitted pics to keep mine company, now. If you haven't yet, get going on it!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx