Re: [SPAM] A more outrageous question

Some of the most exciting and amazing photos are taken by kids with cameras. But they don't know about composition or rules as stated by some writers! The "rule" of thirds is one of the most limiting controls some photographers have... These so-called rules do not exist because otherwise exciting photographs would be controlled or even defined by them.
They can neither be proved nor disproved.
Used as guides then OK, but limited only to guides not absolutes.
Sometimes they should be deliberately broken to provide a challenge.
I teach my students (mostly rank beginners) to go for what looks good to them, not me nor anyone else. To try ideas and experiment - get out of the box if you like, except I try to avoid putting them in a box anyway. Then I try to get them to identify why it looks good to them and build on that. I swear it works!!! They're nearly all much better photographers than me though that's not difficult anyway!

Howard

lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Herschel, My short answer to your question is look at kid art - the little rascals always find a way to surprise!
AZ
Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
Now an E-book.