Re: Top 3 things that taught you the most about photography

Mark Blackwell kicked off the list with:

Well I am always interested in how people learn.  Id be interested hearing what others thought were the top 3 things that taught them the most about photography??

1. frustration at my own poor effort - doubt leads one to seek knowledge

2. reading books and attempting to replicate what they propose is fact.  Never believe anything unless you try it, eiminate fiction from fact.

3. printing in my own home built darkroom.  making discoveries like - my lenses *weren't* bad, the printers just weren't getting the best out of my negs - learning what under/over exposure *really* means, learning to see colour casts etc

I have to add a fourth since this made as much of a difference to me
4.  enrolling in a photography course which allowed me for the first time to really get a good chance to see others photographs.  real, tangible prints - not repros in magazines, not book pictures which always looked good, but REAL prints

karl