Comments on the Comments

Title: Comments on the Comments
At 12:50 AM -0400 6/26/07, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
                   Jim Snarski - Black Swallowtail
Darn, that background isn't very pretty at all.  Maybe it should be blown out a lot more?

       well, I'm sorry I couldn't get the Swallowtail to sit still long enough to hang some chintz curtains.... *  >)
I understand your point of view but actually I think the background works fine with this picture...my eye goes right to the butterfly and the background is just sort of inconsequential...to me, the beautiful symmetry of the butterfly against the jumbled background says there is indeed order in chaos.....and since nature photographers have little or no control over where they find their subjects it's often necessary to take what we can get...thanks for your perspective