Θέμα: Re: Ring lights [LEDs for photography

Knew it! Someone is always a step ahead....

Anyway I noticed that they are talking about narrow angle...and for what it appears the use high oupput 5mm leds?

Some new prospects are coming into existnce with the new batches of leds that have a beam angle of 70 degs (Cree) and 120 degs (SSC).
Now I am testing the limits of mu knowledge, but if one was to make a LEd board of lights (or any other cluster), it has the ability to power them at the proper voltage and current by a special unit (do not know what is called in English), so he may dodge the buck/boost circuits and go for firect drive. That makes things easier...

These past months I cursing the lost chnace I had to become an electronics enginner.

BTW. There is a reason philips bought Lumileds (maker of the Luxeons & Rebels) So great chnages in lighting are forthcoming, in a time that, at least for me, Digital camera development come to a relaxed state!

enjoy, kostas

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
I believe they're already available for cinematographic work! Be a while
before we can afford similar outfits though ;)

http://www.cineled.com/

man would I like one like on their front page

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!