So what's new?

Following the recurrence of one of our favorite topics, the right of photographers to shoot anything they want, I came across the following in Wikipedia and thought it might be of some slight interest. It seems some things never really change.
Don

/*The Gate of Calais*/ or /*O, the Roast Beef of Old England*/ is a 1748 painting by William Hogarth <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hogarth>, reproduced as a print from an engraving <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engraving> the next year. Hogarth produced the painting directly after his return from France <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France>, where he had been arrested as a spy while sketching in Calais <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calais>.