Re: mamiya 645 lenses and laziness

: I get it now.  Sorry for the stupidity on my part.  I just had to
visualize it as a sensor passing through the middle of the image circles of
a 35mm and 645 format camera, respectively.  The portion of the 645 circle
will certainly be magnified.  Indeed, my ratios apply for determining
format equivalence, but not when mixing the formats.  Often the simplest
things escape us and confuse.  Well, I suppose I have a pretty nice normal
perspective piece of glass with my 35mm mamiya lens!  I was hoping I could
save money on a wide angle...damnit.

:)

It's OK Trevor, the whole marketting of digital has confused more than a
few people.

Unfortunately the photo magazines do little to help.  The publications of
yesteryear that did truly in-depth analysis of equipment, lenses etc with
very good explanations and educational articles seem to have evaporated in
favour of what really amounts to junk rags with lots of ads, often
disguised as articles.  These magazines did a lot to educate us
photographers and set us on a good path.

My pet hates re digital:

mag factors
fix it after the shot
no filters needed