Re: mamiya 645 lenses and laziness

----- Original Message -----
From: "trevor cunningham" <tr_cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 11:49
Subject: Re: mamiya 645 lenses and laziness

: My math is starting from the 645 film frame with a
: 75mm diagonal, not the 35mm diagonal.  The 35mm mamiya
: lens is the equivalent of a 16mm lens for 35mm format.
:  With the 1.5 ratio, that would be a 24mm lens on the
: d200?  Out and out, the lens IS a fisheye, or at least
: close to one.  The same math would make the 80mm
: mamiya lens a 56mm lens on the d200, still a normal
: lens, not a tele.  Other than auto features, i'm
: wondering if i'm losing anything.  I do like my mamiya
: glass and have invested some cash into it.  ANDY?!
:

best to look here:

http://photoweasel.diaryland.com/magratio.html