Yahoo Beacon]

I got this from the IBMHAMS group at Yahoo.com and figured it might be of interest even though in some cases it is off topic.
Do with it what you will.......

Bob

I've pasted the text from an email that I received regarding Yahoo's use of "Web Beacons." It looked like it was something that I should pass along to our Yahoo Group users and friends that may use Yahoo Groups.

da di dah

Hi Folks,

This came from Paul Birkholtz on the BN Group. I think it is very important you look at this and opt out of Yahoo's web tracking operation.

Enjoy your day,

Peter

If you belong to ANY Yahoo Group - be aware that Yahoo is now using
"Web Beacons" to track the Internet navigation of every Yahoo user.
It's similar to cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website And
every group you visit -ANYWHERE- on the Internet, even when you're
Not connected to Yahoo.

To stop this privacy invasive surveillance, go to Yahoo's updated
privacy statement at:

http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.html

About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies, you will See
a link that says WEB BEACONS.
looks like this...

Cookies

* Yahoo! may set and access Yahoo! cookies on your computer.
* Yahoo! lets other companies that show advertisements on some of
our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other
companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy
policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have
access to Yahoo!'s cookies.
* Yahoo! uses web beacons to access Yahoo! cookies inside and
outside our network of web sites and in connection with Yahoo!
products and services.

Click on the phrase "Web Beacons." On the page that opens, find a
paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo Network."

In that section find a little "Click Here to Opt Out" link that Will
let you "opt-out" of their snooping.
looks like this...

Outside the Yahoo! Network

* Yahoo! uses web beacons to conduct research on behalf of
certain partners on their web sites and also for auditing purposes.
* Information recorded through these web beacons is used to
report anonymous individual and/or aggregate information about Yahoo!
users to our partners. Aggregate information may include demographic
and usage information. No personally identifiable information about
you is shared with partners from this research.
* When conducting research Yahoo!'s practice is to require our
partners to disclose the presence of these web beacons on their pages
in their privacy policies and state what choices are available to
users regarding the collection and use of this information. You may
choose to opt-out of Yahoo! using this information for this research.

Please click here to opt-out.

__._,_.___
Y! GeoCities

Share Interests