Re: Somewhat off topic I think

Herschel:

The ones with the stippled coating were later manufacture, the earlier ones were surface treated to cause the brass to blacken.  Zeiss, Canon, Nikon and others made them as well.  I have a couple made for the Nikon F2 that have the stippled finish.  I even have a few that are generic no-name ones not associated with a particular camera maker.

I was hoping that someone, somewhere would have come across the original with a patent number or some identification that would allow the original patent to be retrieved.

Thanks for the reply.

James