    Subject: [SPAM] re: What do you think?
    From: Belinda Peters <picasso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Sun, April 29, 2007 11:26 am
    To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
    <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    de-lurking for the moment:

    My view:
    An illusion is an image, is a photograph, is a painting, is a drawing,
    etc.

    Can truth be attributed to a two-dimensional illusion?

    The referenced image (a computer-generated illusion) doesn't
    complicate my view.

    Maybe photo-journalism has become as "historical" as some of the photo
    technologies that brought it about (just as painting became
    "historical" when the camera became popular).

    Truth in labeling is concept, that for me, is relative. I find that
    most people can't even label a print (etching, lithograph, seriograph,
    etc.) correctly. I don't think that labeling is gonna help much. My
    observation has been that people want to believe and need to believe
    what they see.

    As they say, my two-cents worth. Hope it is found to be relevant.

    Thanks for the link. This is a good topic.

    Belinda (long-term lurker)