Re: slide copier for "paper weight"

26 apr 2007 kl. 18.56 skrev lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Great idea to use cheap, older DSLR for slide copier.

I have three friends with Opteka's and they love them.

Interesting idea, but how about the sensor size factor ("crop factor")?  AFAIK, most of these pre-digital, cheap slide dupers were set to reproduce the slide life size (1:1), and with an APS sensor, they would crop full frame slides heavily.

The Amazon description of the Opteka explicitly mentions several APS sensor cameras, so I presume it is set lo less than life size, but old ones found in garage sales or junk boxes won´t work.

Of course, a full fledged macro bellows with lens, compendium and slide holder can be adjusted to the required scale.

Per Öfverbeck

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"