Re: Nikon Proud?

Darin Heinz wrote:

For a while now, I've seen used Nikon D1 bodies (first generation on up) sold at eBay for, on the average, about $300 US. On places like KEH.com, moderately battered ones go for even more. It is an older SLR, and boasts a whopping 2.65 megapixels.

Any idea why even "paperweight-condition" cameras are fetching high prices? Like the time I tried to illustrate "nothingness", I'm drawing a blank.

Some of the owners probably feel they're getting back only a tiny pittance; that was a $5500 body when new.

(by the way, is "paperweight" an obsolete term yet?)

I think so; since windows don't open in offices anymore, there's no need for them :-).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@xxxxxxxx; http://dd-b.net/dd-b
Pics: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum, http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery