Software Recomendation

Hi folks:

I am shooting on a Nikon D70

Up till now ive used lightroom beta to convert my pics from raw to jpg
for use etc, now my beta has run out and im looking for alternatives -
-i know i can do it (one at a time) in photoshop 2cs , but i dont have
the necessary hours to do it like that, -- can someone please suggest
a suitable alternative for me -- i have both windows and gentoo linux
OSs available

thanks

TIM

--