From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of William Ellis
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 12:43 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Good camera for non- pro uses

Hi all,

I guess I'm getting to the point of needing a camera for general
use(vacations, family gatherings, etc.) so I don't have to take the
equipment I use for pro use. I'm looking for a small to medium size unit
with zoom, optical and digital focusing, and enough megapixels to render
decent prints should I want to do something with the occasional good image I
might shoot. I would like the ability to at least get a good 8x10 print, if
needed. There are a multitude of choices out there and the more I look, the
more confusing it gets. What are some of you using for casual shooting.

Thanks,

Bill Ellis