Subject: Good camera for non- pro uses
From: William Ellis <wb9cac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, December 30, 2006 12:43 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I guess I'm getting to the point of needing a camera for general
use(vacations, family gatherings, etc.) so I don't have to take the
equipment I use for pro use. I'm looking for a small to medium size unit
with zoom, optical and digital focusing, and enough megapixels to render
decent prints should I want to do something with the occasional good
image I might shoot. I would like the ability to at least get a good
8x10 print, if needed. There are a multitude of choices out there and
the more I look, the more confusing it gets. What are some of you using
for casual s hooting.

Thanks,

Bill Ellis