TIFF images appear with poor quality in Adobe Bridge.

Dear all:

I have posted this question to the Photoshop forum but haven't received
answers so I decided to post it here now to see if I can receive some
suggestions.

After scanning several (hundreds) of slides with Nikon 35mm scanner using
its own software (Nikon Scan) I noticed that the TIFF images displayed in
Bridge appear with a very pixilated, low resolution quality. I have tried
rebuilding the cache but it has solved the problem. It seems to me that
maybe the Nikon software generates low resolution thumbnails for the images
files and then embeds this thumbnails in the TIFF files. Could this be the
problem ?

I am running the latest software and drivers for the Nikon scanner, and
Photoshop CS2 with the latest updates. The raw scans have approximately
130-140 MB in size. After I crop, edit and downsample the images the files
are reduced in size to 70-80 MB. I have tried both file sizes and in both
cases the images appear with the same low resolution on screen.

Do any of you know what the problem may be here ? The problem appears to be
related to Bridge. When I opened the image using Preview (Mac OS X) it
appears fine on screen. The same happens with other software. Is there a
preference in Bridge I haven't yet seen that allows one to specify the size
of the previews or thumbnails ? In case this is not the problem, is there an
application or script for Photoshop that would allow the embedded thumbnail
in TIFF files to be replaced with high resolution ones ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Joseph Chamberlain