Review PF exhibit update DEC 02 06

What a delightful grouping. Every one of these images is immediately engaging in the tiny thumbnail, and they all work well together as a group. There is a surprising similarity of color, mood

Pini Vollach
Relax
What a great photo! The image is high contrast, but not glaring. There is little detail, but the color wash of the background and the subtlety of the reflected light on the feet are sufficient to engage the eye and the imagination. This is a photo that would be comfortable to live with, long term, just for the stories that one could imagine about those feet and where they have been. Emily L. Ferguson last gasp of autumn Great composition and color. If one were to imagine the photo gridded into thirds, there is one leaf at the intersection of the grid in the upper left, that seems poised to drop, even in the still photo. It might be my monitor, but I would like to see more (gamma?) contrast or richness in the color. Things are just a little whitish/flat on my desktop.

Marilyn Dalrymple
Antique Fan I love the thumbnail. The composition and the simplicity of the color are great. For me, the images loses in the enlargement. This may, however, be a fact of viewing it an a 19" monitor, while sitting 18" away. If I back across the room (about 10 ft), it works far better. That said, the scallops of the shadow are intriguing. They are a point of lushness that 'makes' the photo. Well, actually, all of the light and shadow, moving across the fan, culminating in the scallop shadows. Would it be possible to put a little more detail in the fan? The watercolor painting effect works well, but I am a fan of the more photorealistic watercolor approach - see: http://www.aacwebkiosk.com/Obj1967$1650 or other works by Carolyn Brady also <http://www.nancyhoffmangallery.com/artists/brady.html> Her work in watercolor allows the image to work well both as the abstract (seen from afar) and close up.

Guy Glorieux
Image Cathedral at Les Baux Beautiful. Wonderful color; incredible meshing of the images. How in the world did you do it? Is that Cezanne in the background, being projected and the people moving through and blurring? This photo is very painterly and reminds me of a point where Richard Diebenkorn meets Wayne Thiebaud: sundrenched, realistic abstraction. Bravo!

Renate Volz
Mykat Watching Fall
Wonderful color! A capturing of the surreal ability of a cat to orchestrate anything and everything, including the seasons. Excellent composition, with the lines (of the drapes?) swooping up from the lower left and into the heart of the leaf and cats eyes. The leaf color is s perfectly echoed in the cat's eyes.
--
Serena Fenton        http://layersofmeaning.org/