Review: PF Main exhibit on Nov. 25, 2006

Jim Snarski - Autumn Hearts
Nice photo! The color is riveting and the composition works well, though I would have been tempted to photoshop out that little bit of stem which sticks out on the right (beyond the leaf). The contrast in the background between the full color and the whitish grasses works well.

Roy Miller - Cindi
Beautiful. The photo is very evocative. The movement of contrast across the image works well. The fuzzy halo-glow (I know there has to be a more technical term) around her face emphasizes the ethereal nature of the portrait.

Howard Leigh - Proud Dogs
Great photo. For me, it works better smaller than larger. In the small image, the composition jumps out; the larger images there is too much detail. I tend to focus more on the detail in the background, which gets lost in the dogs because of the lighting... Solutions? A blur on the background? Manipulate in some light on the dog's faces?

All in all, a great showing this week!  - Serena

--
Serena Fenton        http://layersofmeaning.org/