Re: apple vs PC is so OLD

From: "David Dyer-Bennet"
: I've had my PCs connected 24/7 to the Internet since 1996.  The one
: time I ever got a virus it didn't come from that, it was a Word macro
: virus that came in a document from a colleague at some volunteer work
: I was doing.

other good stuff clipped..

Most of the viruses I have to deal with on clients PC's come either from
OE, IE or MS word.

Talking the heavy virus-getters into swapping to Opera, Pocomail and
OpenOffice has seen a massive reduction in virus infections, most have had
zero problems since making the change.

Oh, I noted the other day a report that apple iPods were found to be
shipping with viruses onboard:
http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,20607677%5E15306,00.html -
maybe this is another new vector..

again, choice of software makes a big difference

heck, one of the new PC trojans now carries its own AV ! :
http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20061020/tc_zd/191975

weird!