Re: Adobe Lightroom beta 4.

I wanted to follow up on this thread and also post some interesting feedback
I have received from other forums as well.

Thank you Herschel, Lea, Laurenz, and PhotoRoy for your responses and view
points.

It seems most users see Lightroom as a replacement for Bridge, not for
Photoshop. According to many users I had exchanges with Adobe is planning
Lightroom indeed as a competitor for Aperture with its elegant interface as
a mixture of browser/cataloging application. It should work as a combination
of an improved version of Bridge and iView Media Pro with cataloging
features currently absence in Bridge.

Most users think it will replace Bridge and be part of the new Photoshop
package, probably incorporating a new version of Camera Raw that should work
more in the background and be less visible than it is now.

This being the case I think this will be a great application. I miss
cataloging functions in Bridge. I have tried iView Media Pro and although it
has some very interesting features I didn't like the interface all that much
and would certainly prefer to work with just one application or suite to
guarantee compatibility and keep things simple.

Lightroom does have a very nice interface that is pleasant to use and makes
most controls easily accessible. It also offers several different functions
layed-out in a very efficient and organized way.

Have any of you worked more extensively with Lightroom ? If so, what is your
opinion so far ?

Best regards,

Joseph Chamberlain