From: lea murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PF exhibit updated 16-09-06
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:21:09 -0500

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

I agree with Peeter, collectively this is a fine group of images.

Some thoughts:

Andrew Brooks - Willy Lott's Cottage

I'm interested in 'I used a number of different shots to make the finished image...' It would be interesting to know how many total images combined to make this image. It it lovely and what I particularly like is how the viewer is drawn back to the cottage. Good work on the clouds, they add quite a lot to the image.

Trevor Cunningham - discontinuity

I'm not sure what I'm looking at but what I'm guessing is curtains turned sideways. Very well done capturing the tones of the fabricwork. Pleasing if a bit mysterious.

 Emily L. Ferguson - High tide/wind

Emily, your work never disappoints and this is no exception. I LOVE the wave crash thing happening above the level of the ground. This image screams POWER to me. The only thing I might change is to crop in from the left and get rid of that distracting black object (a person maybe) up on land.

D.L. Shipman - Inland Waterway

It says inland waterway so I have to assume this is some sort of a boat but to me I see a combine crawling across central Kansas at harvest time and it brings back very fond childhood memories. Wonderful capture of tones.

Alan Zinn - Ok, people line up, blue, red, blue, red...

I have to give this image my two thumbs up of the week. I often notice this kind of color pattern in cars when I'm driving but you've seen it in people when there are so many other things fighting for your eyes' attention. Excellent.

lea murphy
www.leamurphy.com
www.whinydogpress.com
blog: web.mac.com/leamurphy