Overview: PF exhibit 16-09-06

At 17:11 16.09.2006, you wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 16 2006.Authors
with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

          Andrew Brooks - Willy Lott's Cottage
          Trevor Cunningham - discontinuity
          Emily L. Ferguson - High tide/wind
          D.L. Shipman - Inland Waterway
          Alan Zinn - Ok, people line up, blue, red, blue, red...

It is a lucky day! I must admit I haven't seen a gallery that so much resonanced with my inner vibration of the moment for quite a long time.
This must be something, for I write overviews very seldom if ever.

I even do not send my own work in any more, I don't know why - work, frustration, overload, exhibitions, deadlines - that quiet madness you can discover only when being in up to your chin or even drowning ...

Yesterday evening my wife said to me suddenly - "now take 5 minutes off your translation and send a picture to the gallery - you don't look as a human any more!"
"Of course!" I answered.
But I didn't.

Now I look at the gallery and think how lucky we/you all are I didn't. It would have destroyed this pretty collection, although only a fiver.

Andrew Brooks - Willy Lott's Cottage

I was enjoying the 1st picture for quite a long time already when decided to check the link. Knowing Constable more or less I had to refresh my memory and then I was drowning in these water reflections that I always try to catch on my photographs, but on the painting they were more than alive.
I very much liked that the photograph was made from another point and angle. Now it added up and gave a continuous perception of the location.
Time - what is time - does it exist at all? There are only different states of a location. Being there time melts.
I have experienced the continuousity in some ancient heritage locations - village sites from the early iron age or grave mounds from the neolithicum and amidst the very same prehistorical kind of alvar forest, sky, clouds, flying barnacle geese and quietness after that..
With Your picture I felt the same kind of plugged in feeling.

Trevor Cunningham - discontinuity

Graphically very pleasing and similarly with natural waves they grab your attention and you drift away with them.
It's like being in a round room - it feels so big because there are no corners to measure the distances with.
It's a step off moebian eternity.
Or fire - you never get enough.
Or double chocolate stout . . . ok, kidding with this!

Emily L. Ferguson - High tide/wind

I usually ignore moving water pictures when shot at forest creeks or tide locations late in the evening. That compulsory milky thing.
This shot is totally different although quite milky too. But this is quite another dairy!
I do not live or be very often at the ocean, although sea is my almost everyday companion.
Therefore I appreciate wave shots and positively windy and washed-away emotions.
I feel comfortable, althouh want to find shelter eventually.
I feel real!

D.L. Shipman - Inland Waterway

How much details do we need until they begin to disturb the magic of the light? We need the glimpse, the overall understanding and then go and get lost in the 3rd or 4th or 5th dimension. You can touch the air but not much penetrate it while it is quite a task even for the sunrays. I breath it in with my sore lungs.

Alan Zinn - Ok, people line up, blue, red, blue, red..

That's why people shoot panoramic! To perceive the hidden and secret rhythms and patterns.
Nothing is random (even if You have told them to walk so, it has its higher determinacy :)
Some day somebody will notice The Ultimate Pattern and heaven forfend if he gets it to the picture...!

Beg Your pardon, everyone! Im not any good in reviewing!

Sincerely,

Peeter