Re: lens pen sensor cleaner

12 sep 2006 kl. 03.16 skrev lea murphy:

Has anyone used the Lens Pen sensor cleaner? I'm interested in giving it a go but would like to know if anyone's tried it yet and what they thought of it.

I've had marginal success using the wet swab method.

I stiil manage to get away with dry brush sweeping my D200 sensor, so I don´t have any "wet experience" so far.  But I found a web site that seems to have a sensible approach, and sells things at far more decent prices than most.  Here´s the URL:

(links to sensor cleaning tutorial and store at the bottom of the page)

I bought their Brush-on-the-Fly Kit, and it works very well indeed.  I have no reason to doubt that their "wet" products work well also; when the inevitable day comes that I do need stronger cleaning, I´ll be certain to rder from them again.

They do comment on the Lens Pen in the tutorial, and are very sceptical about it,  but personally I´ve never even seen a lens pen, so I have nothing to add.

Good luck with your cleaning!

Per

Per Öfverbeck

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"