Re: Re: Re: Re: Θέμα: Re: Show, One Night, Saturday,2 0S F?=

On 9/7/06, Jeff Spirer <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This has changed recently.  CRTs have contrast ratios around 600:1 to
700:1, although they typically don't look like it because of the
reduced brightness.  New LCDs are running 1000:1 and up.

At 09:04 PM 9/7/2006, you wrote:
>Hang on; people have been telling me that the fatal flaw in the LCD
>screen is *lower* contrast than on CRTs.  No?

Though not, I think, measured in really equivalent ways.  And in fact
people testing the Viewsonic P series I've ordered measure closer to
700:1 than its specified 1000:1 (which is still very good).

RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Pics: <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>