Re: contrast ratios of LCD Vs CRT

Herschel writes:
: This is all very nice for watching movies or gaming on the monitor but
it's pretty worthless information to photographers who mostly need an
accurate impression of how an image will appear on paper which is not very
contrasty at all.

Partly true, but your observation is not related to the discussion, which
was about monitor contrasts.  Some people use there images for display by
monitor or data projector or other, much as some people used to run slide
shows instead of displaying everything in printed form

:   What on Earth would you do with the data obtained from reading the
screen with a lightmeter?

determine the real contrast ratio, not the manufacturer stated
specifications which may be fictitious and based on tests run as stated in
the prior post

:   The trivia that ends up lying around clogging the space between the
idea and the image is unbelievable

David wrote:
: : Hang on; people have been telling me that the fatal flaw in the LCD
: : screen is *lower* contrast than on CRTs. No?

I don't think David thought it was trivia any more than I would feel
development times for various films in ROdinal was trivia