Re: memory price roundup

From: <PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx>

: What is the difference between IDE and SCSI and the others?

IDE was also called ATA, later changed to PATA (parallel ATA) when serial
ATA came on the market

have a look here:
http://www.macgurus.com/faq/sata_faq.php

I was unaware that PATA to SATA adapters existed but it seems they do!

: On my previous
: computer I had a card inserted so I could run four more hard drives off
it. I
: was told the card was a SCSI but the Hard Drives were all IDE. It worked
so I
: didn't complain.

that was likely a RAID card, not necessarily configured as RAID but rather
as an additional IDE PCI interface.  With some chipsets (particularly VIA)
the driver installs as a SCSI miniport driver and the computer sees this
card as a SCSI interface.