Re: Comparison between Nikon D200 and Canon 20D/30D.

I just purchased a D200 in May.
I had rented one as a back up for a job I was shooting and
ended up shooting the whole job with it.  I had read the right ups on
the 30D and expected the camera to be close in quality to the D200.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to hold and shoot with a 30D.

My take is that the D200 is a good second camera and even first camera
for pro use. The D200 is weighted perfectly and feels much more substantial in your hand.
Dials and buttons make more sense on the D200 then on the 30D.
In general I felt the 30D was positioned as a consumer market product.
The camera felt plastic like. The D200 seems to be a solid prosumer>pro model
and breaches the price gap between the D200 and D2X.

Now I have to be fair and forward that I have not seen and files form the camera. I will forward that I have been very impressed by the D200 and it's digital output.

Allan Rosen-Ducat
Rosen-Ducat Imaging