Re: Priner for Fine art photography

After 100 years you propably will not sue them.

????? Herschel Mair:
/I have just finished printing an entire exhibition for the local gallery. (Other photographer?s images - about 70 Super-A3 prints) on a Canon i9950 printer with Epson paper and the quality is astonishingly good. Everybody has commented on how happy they are with the printing./ /I bought 5 of these for the college about a year ago and they have never needed print heads or nozzle cleaning or any maintenance at all, other than buying inks. The inks also seem to last well. I used 17 cartridges to make the prints. / /I pay about $10.00 a cartridge but they?re probably cheaper in the U.S. So it cost me just under $3 a print./ /Canon claim a lifespan of 100 years for their ?Chroma-life? inks. (If stored correctly)? Who knows?/ /I?ve seen tests where they claim that it will only last 20 years, framed and on display with UV glass etc./
/ /
/Herschel/

*/Veli Izzet Cigirgan <veli.izzet@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Hi all,

    I am sure this topic has come up a few times, but technology
    changes, so..

    I am thinking of buying a new printer, instead of my old Epson 1290.

    Of course longevity (pigment based inks?) is one concern. I also
    have some
    problems with clogging of the noozles, so this is a concern too.
    Of course
    usable color space, price, individual color cartridges, etc. are also
    concerns.

    At the time I bought the 1290, there was only one way to go ...
    Epson. Later
    I heard that there are also some Canons.. But this may be old news
    now.

    So I would like to hear from people what printers they use, and
    how they
    rate them.

    BTW, snapshot printing and pictbridge is not important for me, but
    using
    different papers (eg. watercolor) is important.

    Thanks for the help.

    Veli Izzet Cigirgan

*Herschel Mair
*Head of the Department of Photography,