Re: Omega D-2 enlarger

4 aug 2006 kl. 19.54 skrev Marilyn:

I'm always surprised how many young people want to learn how to process film and print their photographs.  I don't think that part of photogrpahy will ever lose it's magic for some of us.

No, nobody who remembers how, as a kid, he was led into a dark, smelly closet and saw an image grow out of nothing on a white paper immersed in a tray....  And how, after years of photography on his own, it still felt like magic, right up to that last sheet of paper.

Nothing else will ever be quite like it again.  Both my kids have had the experience, but my grandchildren...  I dismantled my own darkroom a few years ago in favour of digital.  I don´t regret it when I see how much easier it is to get far better results.   I often lift the cover of my Epson printer and watch the image grow line by line below the printer head, but  that magic just isn´t there any more....

It´s the only thing I miss from my silver years...

Per

Per Öfverbeck

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"